Thursday, January 14, 2010

37 Weeks

17 days to go.

My doctor doesn't want me to go past my due date, and he officially put me on the schedule to be induced on February 1st. Planning my kid's birthday that way seems a little wrong, but at the same time, it's nice to know the end is near.

Besides, she still might surprise us. Scheduling an induction, from what I've observed, is like lighting a cigarette while you're waiting for the bus. It's the best way to get it to come before you're ready.

I told my doctor that since we decided on the 1st, I wanted to be out of the hospital by my birthday (the 6th) because I want cake. He laughed. I was dead serious. I want a whole peice of cake all to myself with lots and lots of ice dream. Maybe I'll have seconds. Just because I can.

I'm trying to be upbeat and not get too moody but it's really hard. At work I have to sit in pretty much the same position all night, and my legs tend to go numb after a while. Then when I get off and I can walk around, my hips and pelvis hurt so badly. I was originally going to work all the way through January but I just can't. I don't know how other people work up until they pop but bless them. There's no way. In that respect as well, I'm lucky that we've scheduled an induction. If I didn't have that date to go by, I would have no way of knowing how many weeks of leave I'm using up by starting it early, so that wouldn't be an option.

Bottom line - tomorrow is my last day of work. I was going to try to make it through the 22nd but after this week I give up.

I can either nest or work at this point...I can't do both. Besides, cleaning and organizing my apartment gives me way more opportunities for nap breaks.

Oh, and on the "things nobody ever told me" front...apparently once I start nursing my cat is going to follow me around even MORE than he does now?? I never even considered that. Ew.

1 comment:

  1. I followed you here from Aunt Becky.

    Best of luck with the baby. I am jealous. My husband and I are still in the process of trying to get pregnant. And the thing about the cat made me laugh. That is a bit creepy.

    ReplyDelete